Another blog post I’m doing for a reader who recommended this topic: What’s In My Make Up Bag. A lot of people have been requesting for this so I’m sharing with you guys what make up items I usually use on a normal day. Don’t get too excited because I don’t really put a lot of make up on during casual days! I just bring a small kit with me everyday, except when there’s a big event I have to go to and I have to be all made up. For my everyday look, I use:
1. Pond’s BB cream in beige to keep my skin smooth and light (no to sticky/oily feeling)
2. Benefit’s erase paste concealer for the dark spots under my eyes
3. Prestige “blonde” brow liner (I’ve been using this since college)
4. Then Mac’s “Girl Boy” brow mascara after so my eyebrows aren’t too dark
5. Naked small palette and play with the colours for my eyes. I usually use Naked 2 and Faint palette
6. Happy Skin’s eyeliner (I swear, it doesn’t smudge)
7. Shu Uemura eyelash curler
8. Maybelline’s cats eye mascara- my eyelashes stay alive the entire day because of this wonderful product.
9. Nars’ “orgasm” blush because it keeps my cheeks rosy and it has a “highlight” effect.
10. Make Up For Ever’s contour kit to make my jaw appear thinner.
11. Lipsticks- it really depends on my mood.
Make up brushes are as important as make up items. If you don’t use the proper brush for the make up you use, your entire make up might end up looking funny. You’ve invested in good foundation, contour, blush, eyeshadows, etc, might as well invest in a nice make up brush set for the full package! When I’m doing make up at home or in the car, I bring this Magnetficent Seven brush set from 13 Rushes with me. It makes my make up look way better because of the texture of the brushes plus I love how it’s so convenient to bring because of its cover. The gold + black details are so chic too!
You have the tapered kabuki and angled flat mini for powder and foundation, the fluffy blender to make your skin tone even, the angled minibuki brush for contouring, and the small brushes for you eyebrows and eyes. These are the important brushes you need to have with you everyday.
When I’m traveling, I bring a different set of brushes with me- tinier ones actually, but have the same effect when I put make up on. This one from 13 Rushes is really cute because it comes in a tiffany blue multi-functional case and has eight tools of the trade in petite sizes with anti-microbial synthetic bristles to keep my bushes fresh and clean while I travel. It’s lightweight and is the perfect brush kit when I leave the country (and I’m out every week!).
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post! I’ll try to do another topic suggested by a reader again soon. If you have any suggestions in mind- leave a comment here! BMS.