I still can’t believe it’s the last day of 2016. I remember making my New Year’s Resolution last year and things just happened so fast! Boom. One day I woke up and it was already ber months. I guess it’s true- time flies when you’re having fun (and when you’re busy lol). There are so many things to be thankful for this 2016 and I just want to share my top 5 things I’m truly grateful for.
1. I got to travel and explore new destinations for work. My New Year’s resolution early this 2016 was to get to travel around Europe so I get to see their culture, meet new people, etc. I didn’t think it would actually happen- and it happened so many times that I feel like I must have done something right for God to give me what I wished for this year. I went to Vienna, Budapest, Positano (my dream destination), Rome, Capri, Amsterdam, Paris, London and a lot more.
2. I invested in something. I am now a part-owner of a Mexican Restaurant turned tequila bar at night. Naks! Can I call myself an entrepreneur now? Hehe. It’s not yet open, but we might do a soft opening next month at Burgos Circle Fort. It’s called Hacienda and it’s near Wrong Ramen and Bugsys. I’ll definitely announce it on my social media accounts when it’s open! Please support and visit our restaurant! Woot!
3. I got to travel and bond with my family more than twice this year. Since I live on my own, I don’t see my parents as often as I used to before. I still go home every Sunday to go to mass and have dinner with them, but it’s still different if you see them almost everyday and relax and not think go work. I’m so thankful that I got to spend more time with them this year. I got to see mom swim in the sea and snorkel for the first time ever! That made my 2016 extra memorable.
4. I was able to spend Christmas with all my loved ones, except my college barkada because they all live in the province. It’s very difficult to find time and see your friends every so often because let’s admit— lahat busy kumayod! Even if that’s the case, we should always make time for our loved ones because they’re the ones who won’t leave you hanging even if the whole world it against you.
5. I met the love of my life (naks). It’s true, the world is more colourful when you’re in love. I won’t go into much detail here but you know what I mean.
What are you thankful for this year?