(Collezione C2 apparel, Celine bag, Elizabeth and James shoes)
I love wearing local brands- I guess I’m just a proud Filipina! Whenever I get invited out of the country to attend events, I make sure that I bring along a locally made item from the Philippines (top, bag, shoes, etc), so just in case somebody asks me where it’s from, I can be proud and share our talent to them. I think Collezione C2 is one of the brands that is very proud of the Filipino Heritage (yes, they sell the trademark polo shirts with the Philippine flag that I’m sure almost everyone has). I visited their store last week and was surprised at how versatile their clothes are. Aside from their well-known signature polo shirts, they’re selling so many other fashionable items too! I got this loose striped top from them and wore it over a pique polo for a preppy and dainty look. This is really a perfect get-up for college girls who has a dress code (or even if you don’t have any) because of it’s colour and how it’s styled altogether.. Well, you’ll just be needing a larger bag hahaha. Speaking of Collezione C2, have you heard about Kim Jones joining Jericho Rosales’ Family? Oh wait.. Aside from the fact that she really is going to join their family (they’re engaged!!), she also joins the Collezione C2 family where Jericho Rosales is already part of. I love couple endorsements! I met her years ago when she just started hosting and I can’t believe how far she’s gone! She truly deserves everything because she’s a beautiful person inside and out. Their Holiday Collection 2013 just came out and it includes their signature flag shirts too! Check out the VIDEO below featuring the cute couple Jericho and Kim. Love this video- I can watch it again and again!
Now, I know a lot of you guys are proud Filipinos too- that is why I’M GIVING AWAY ONE POLO SHIRT (OF YOUR CHOICE) TO TWO LUCKY READERS! Woot! All you have to do is:
1. Follow Collezione C2 on Instagram
2. Like Collezione C2’s Facebook Page
3. Like and share the BTS video of Jericho and Kim, tag 5 of your friends on the comments page and write “DONE”
4. Tweet this, “ Two girls can win a polo shirt from @Collezione_C2 just by joining Laureen Uy’s giveaway. breakmystyle.com/giveaways/ #BMSGiveaways “
5. Comment below with your full name and twitter name
Contest period is from December 4-11 only and I’ll be announcing the winners on my Twitter account and Facebook Page. Winners will be sent a personal message in their Facebook account for the details on how to claim their prizes. Collezione C2 has the right to disqualify participants who will not follow the mechanics properly so make sure to follow all the steps! Good luck everyone. BMS.
Are you ready for a one of a kind electro-alternative sound festival?! I know I am! I attended a small gathering last week with a couple of friends to know more about Sonic Carnival- it’s an outdoor round-the-clock music festival that will surely satisfy all the music lovers out there. I’m sure you’ve been hearing a lot of hype already about it, but I just wanted to give you guys more information about this event.Sonic Carnival is happening in the metro this Dec 7, 2013 at the SM MOA Grounds as Fearless Productions present an auditory treat for all music aficionados of different genres. This extraordinary experience will feature the coming together of the best local rock bands, club DJs and lastly, iconic names in the electro dance music to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda. Steve Aoki will also be donating a portion of his talent fee! Fearless Productions will also donate a portion of the gross proceeds from the ticket sales. This is really a nice opportunity to party for a cause! I’m definitely there! I know a lot of you guys are already getting excited, but here’s the best part: I’M GIVING AWAY TWO TICKETS EACH TO FIVE READERS! That’s a total of 10 tickets! The contest is only until Saturday 11:59pm and I will be announcing the winners by next week. It will surely be a party you wouldn’t want to miss, so join now. All you have to do is:
1. Follow Sonic Carnival on Instagram
2. Instagram the poster above (linked to twitter) and tell me why you’re excited for the Sonic Carnival at MOA Concert Grounds this December 7. Also ask your friends to join my giveaway to win tickets! Don’t forget to tag me and include the hashtags #CarnivalCares and #BMSGiveawaysCheck the poster to know what time the artists/DJs are playing. Sonic Carnival promises to be at par with the world-class standards with the mix of sights and sounds on the venue. Come and experience the power packed line up of phenomenal talents gathered together to bring an explosive one-day-only music festival for a cause. I swear, they really got the best DJs and artists! Every time I go out, I always dance to their beats and they even got my favorite MC Roda King there! Woot! I'm sure it's going to be an unforgettable experience so you guys better be there! Are you excited?! I am!!! See you all there!
For ticket inquiries, please call SM Tickets (470-2222), Ticket World (891-9999) and Fearless Productions Office (706-1648). For VIP tables, please call Fearless Productions office at 706-1648.
Here we go again!!!!! Another Bazaar For All Season time. I never miss being part of their bazaar because I always enjoy going there, chilling, shopping and selling all my new and pre-loved clothes. It gets better every single time and I'm sure this Yuletide edition will be the bomb! It's perfect for people who wants to go Christmas shopping as early as now and who loves to purchase sale/ discounted items. It's going to be held this November 9-10 from 11am-9pm at Elements Tent, Eton Centris. I really want all you guys to go because it's going to be a fun shopping experience! And with this, I'm giving away GCs, accessories from me, P1,000 shopping spree on my booth and a pair of tickets toBazaar For All Season to one lucky winner. Don't worry, I'll also be giving away a pair of tickets to five readers as a consolation prize. I'll also be there visiting my booth time to time, so I hope to see you guys there! I'll really be selling my clothes, accessories and shoes at a low price! Here's how you can join:
1. Like Bazaar For All Season's Facebook Page
2. Follow Bazaar For All Season on Instagram
3. Regram one of the posters above and invite people to go to the bazaar and visit my booth with the hashtag #BazaarForAllSeasonXBMS
4. Comment below with your full name, email address and Instagram account
I'll announce the winners on November 7. I hope to see you guys there! For all those online shops and brands who are interested in renting a stall, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0915-341-3560. See you all there!
(The Quiet Riot necklace/ apparel, Belleza bag, Miu Miu heels)
This dress from The Quiet Riot reminds me of the statement, "the sky's the limit". When I look at the sky, it somehow reminds me to always be calm and to never be afraid to reach my dreams. I actually love staring at the sky and just making random shapes out of the clouds (I know, mababaw ang kaligayahan ko haha!). When I saw this matching top and skirt, I knew I had to get them because when I look at it and wear it, it sort of reminds me to work harder so I can reach my goals. You know how I am with my clothes, I really wear what I feel. Looking at the photos, I'm inspired to travel more. Since my apparel consisted of only one colour, I chose to wear a pink bag and accessories so I'd only have two solid colours for my entire look. It was drizzling a bit so I decided to wear this plastic transparent bag from Belleza- it's such a nice bag for this kind of weather! It definitely made the look younger and cuter. The Quiet Riot is also giving away $80 Gift Card to one of my readers!! Yey! They have such incredible clothes and accessories- you guys will definitely enjoy shopping! And with $80 GC, you can actually buy a lot already because they've affordable items! Here's how you can join:
1. Follow TQ Riot on Instagram
2. Join TQ Riot's Mailing List
3. Check out their website and Instagram a photo of the item you'd like to get from their shop, tag them with the hashtag #TQRiotxBMS
4. Comment below with your full name and the link to your Instagram post
Contest is from October 30-November 10 only. I hope you guys enjoy looking for the perfect item you'd love to own for yourself. I'm sure you'll spend hours browsing their online shop! Have fun and good luck. BMS.
(Her Velvet Vase top/ jacket/ skirt, SM Accessories ring, Alexander Wang bag, Camilla Skovgaard shoes)
I don't think I'll ever get sick and tired of wearing black and white pieces, especially if they're as lovely as these pieces from Her Velvet Vase (HVV). Honestly, this top is such a wonderful piece- I actually had a hard time figuring out how to wear it but when I did, it looked absolutely gorgeous. What I enjoyed most about online shopping at HVV is that they have this tab on their website called "HVV Mood Box", it's where they ask you some personality questions (like what your top three favourite colours are, style you like, etc) and they choose the entire ensemble fit for your personality and style. Cool, right? I love surprises and this one is really awesome! Anyway, back to my outfit, I just feel like it's such a feminine ensemble but when you put a leather jacket on, it becomes instantly edgy. Love the mix.Good news too! ONE READER WILL WIN THIS ENTIRE APPAREL I'M WEARING (CLOTHES ONLY)! All you have to do is:
1. Like HVV's Facebook Fanpage
2. Follow HVV on Instagram
3. Go to @hervelvetvase's Instagram account, like my photo there and comment, "I'd like to win the set, HVV!"
4. Comment on this post with your full name and Instagram account for proof
Contest period is from October 23-31 only, so good luck! I'll be announcing the winner via my Facebook fan page and Instagram account. Oh, and aside from the contest, HVV is also GIVING 10% OFF on any purchases from their store until October 31! The type "HVVxLaureenUy" upon checking out. Happy shopping! BMS.