Sometimes I stop and think about the things/ situations happening around me and how much I'm in love with my job. I thank the Lord for blessing me and giving me my dream job! I guess my favorite part of the job (aside from getting freebies) is traveling. Traveling is really food for the soul and the more you travel, the more you grow wiser as an individual. Each and everyone of us are addicted to adventure, that is why when we have free time, all we want and wish to do is to explore the world. Here are some of my tips on how you can travel more this 2015.
1. Make time and plan ahead. “I’m too busy.” “I can’t go this weekend.” are some of the phrases I often hear people say when they can’t travel. That is why you have to plan ahead. Block those dates off and prepare for the trip. Remember, if there’s a will, there’s a way.
2. Find a travel buddy. It’s way more fun to travel with your best buddies. Make sure they’re someone who can jive with you and has the same interests too. If you’re a beach lover and an explorer, invite someone who loves being spontaneous! I guess you know who my favourite travel buddies are! Insert Nicole Andersson in this picture too.
3. Check promo flights. If you’re too busy to do it, assign a person in your barkada/group to be alert every time there’s a promo going on. Whether it be Philippine Airlines’ midnight promo, Cathay Pacific’s buy 1 take 1 ticket, Air Asia’s 50% ticket sale and many more, make sure you’re always quick with bookings. It will save you a lot of money.
4. Plan your itinerary and do research. It will save you a lot of time. When I’m out of the country, I like to maximise my time when I’m touring. I wake up early and make sure I have a full day ahead of me. I do research in advance so I know the good places to go to and what outfit can go well with the location/places too! Research, research and do more research. That way, you’ll get to see a lot more places than you guessing where to go when you get to a foreign country.
5. Save up. Procrastinate on other splurges to be able to prioritise your travel. Try having a “travel jar” in your bedroom and put your desired amount a day in it. It can be P20.00 or even P100.00 a day. You’ll be surprised how much you can save for your next trip. It just means you have to try and lessen your shopping desires. Try eating at home too rather than dining out, it helped me save a lot of money these past few months. Try the travel jar! It’s worth it.